How to install a belt conveyor?
Belt conveyor product is widely used in many different industrial fields, belt conveyor installation is quite an important stage before conveyors being used. There are many attentions should be paid to while installing a belt conveyor system. he installation of the belt conveyor is generally carried out in the following stages.
1. The installation of the rack of the belt conveyor starts from the head frame, then installs the intermediate frames in sequence, and finally installs the tail frame. Before installing the rack, firstly pull the center line over the entire length of the conveyor. Keeping the center line of the conveyor in a straight line is an important condition for the normal operation of the conveyor belt. Therefore, when installing each section of the rack, you must Align with the center line, and at the same time, it must also be leveled with a shelf. The allowable error of the frame to the center line is ± 0.1mm per meter. However, the error to the center of the rack over the entire length of the conveyor must not exceed 35mm. When all the single sections are installed and identified, the single sections can be connected.
2. Install the drive device
When installing the drive device, it should be to make the drive shaft of the belt conveyor perpendicular to the center line of the belt conveyor, so that the center of the width of the drive pulley coincides with the center line of the conveyor, the axis of the reducer and the drive axis parallel. At the same time, all shafts and pulley should be leveled. The horizontal error of the shaft is allowed in the range of 0.5-1.5mm according to the width of the conveyor. At the same time as installing the driving device, a tensioning device such as a tail wheel can be installed. The axis of the roller of the tensioning device should be perpendicular to the center line of the belt conveyor.
3. Installation of supporting idler
After the installation of the frame, transmission device and tensioning device, the supporting idler frames of the upper and lower supporting ilders can be installed, so that the conveyor belt has a slowly changing arc, and the spacing of the supporting idlers in the turning section is normal. 1/2 ～ 1/3 of roller frame spacing. After the idler is installed, it should be flexible and light.
4. Final identification of belt conveyor
In order to ensure that the conveyor belt always runs on the center line of the pulley and idler, the following requirements must be met when installing the idler, frame and pulley:
1) All idlers must be lined up, parallel to each other, and kept horizontal.
2) All pulley are arranged in a row, parallel to each other.
3) The support structure must be straight and horizontal. For this reason, after the installation of the driving pulley and the pulley frame, the center line and level of the conveyor should be finally corrected.
5. Then fix the rack to the foundation or floor. After the belt conveyor is fixed, feeding and unloading devices can be installed.
6. Hanging the conveyor belt
When hanging the conveyor belt, first lay the conveyor belt strip on the idler bracket, surround the driving pulley, and then lay it on the idlers. Hanging belt can use 0.5-1.5t hand winch. When connecting the tensioning strips, the pulley of the tensioning device should be moved to the limit position, and the trolley and the spiral tensioning device should be moved in the direction of the transmission device; and the vertical picking device should move thepulley to the top . Before tightening the conveyor belt, the reducer and motor should be installed, and the inclined conveyor must be equipped with a braking device.
7. After the belt conveyor is installed, an idle test machine is required. In the idling test machine, pay attention to the deviation of the conveyor belt during operation, the operating temperature of the driving part, the activity of the idler during the operation, the tightness of the contact between the cleaning device and the guide plate and the surface of the conveyor belt, etc. Make necessary adjustments, and test the machine under load after all parts are normal. If the screw-type tensioning device is used, the tightness must be adjusted again when the test machine is operated under loading.
SKE machinery company is focusing on various belt conveyor system and products manufacturing, we offers: the plan design, conveyor manufacturing, conveyor installation, site commissioning and belt conveyor project upgraded. Welcomed to contact us for more detail.NAVIGATION