What are the measures to reduce belt conveyor resistance ?
Belt conveyors are widely used for the transportation of bulk materials in various types industries, such as coal mines, power plants, ports, sand and gravel, cement, concrete mixed batching plant, mining yards, aggregates, mines, grain, chemical, paper and so on. It can be transported in the form of leveling, inclination, turning, etc. At the same time, it can also be combined with other conveying equipment to form a complex conveying system for material handling. The main resistance of the belt conveyor includes the squeezing resistance of the material, the bending resistance of the material, the repeated bending resistance of the conveyor belt, the resistance to the depression of the conveyor belt on the idlers, the resistance of the movement of the idlers, the main resistance is generated on the conveyor line . In the calculation formula of the total resistance of the belt conveyor, the total resistance is affected by many factors, such as the unit mass of the conveyor belt, the unit mass of the conveyed material (the density of the material), and the rotating main force of the idlers.
How to reduce the resistance of the belt conveyor is very important. So what are the measures to reduce the resistance of the belt conveyor?
1. Motor bearing lubrication: due to the frictional force of the belt conveyor, some resistance must be generated when conveying materials, especially when the relationship of the conveying time leads to insufficient lubrication of the machinery, it is necessary to carry out mechanical parts to lubricate the motor Lubricate, such as lubricating the bearings and accessories.
2. Conveyor belt connection method: the belt joint is changed to a vulcanized joint (both hot and cold), the price is higher but the service life is long (suitable for fixed belt conveyor).
3. Running resistance of idlers: Conveyor accessories, idlers rotation resistance and conveyor belt advancement resistance of the belt conveyor account for 50% of the main resistance of the entire conveyor.
4. Conveyor belt deviation: The conveyor belt is the main carrier for the conveyor belt to handle materials. When conveying materials, the mechanical deviation of the conveyor belt will also bring different resistance to the belt conveyor. In order to reduce the running resistance of the belt conveyor as much as possible, it is also very important to adjust the belt deviation in time and reduce the belt deviation.
5. Cleaning the conveyor belt: By using the conveyor cleaner, timely cleaning of the materials adhering to the conveyor belt can also reduce the resistance of the conveyor belt during operation.
Shanghai Kuqiao Equipment Co., Ltd. (SKE) is a professional supplier of belt conveyor system for bulk materials. We provide various types and models of belt conveyor equipment for your project, please contact me freely for more information.