How to install Belt conveyors or a complete conveyor system
How to install a complete conveyor system, SKE advise you the safety specification while installing conveyors;
The safety specifications of the conveyor system are as follows:
(1) The equipment on the transmission line must be interlocked, and the interlocking device must not be changed or removed at will.
(2) When multiple conveyors are used to transport materials or a certain process, a centralized control table should be set up.
(3) The control of the conveying line must be able to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conveying performance and movement. In case of emergency, the power must be quickly cut off and the conveyance is stopped safely.
(4) The role of the center control table is to achieve control, hence the sound and light signals must be set to show the start and stop of a single machine and the action of the accident switch.
5) The conveyors in the conveyor system should be started one by one along the material flow conveyance direction and stopped one by one along the material flow conveyance direction. If no leakage can be ensured, it can also start or brake at the same time.
(6) The width of the aisle between the conveyors and the height of the escalator and the platform side guardrail shall comply with relevant standards.
(7) The conveying capacity of the receiving conveyor on the conveying system must be greater than or equal to the conveying capacity of the feeding conveyor. During reversible conveyance, the conveying capacity of the receiving conveyor should be equal to the feeding conveyor, but while reversible conveying, the conveying capacity of the receiving conveyor should be twice that of the feed conveyor.
(8) There must be one or more emergency stop switches or devices near the loading station at the reloading point. It is strictly prohibited to stack materials and other products.
(9) When the conveyor is started by remote control, an acousto-optic signal must be set, and the signal indication should be within the operator's ability.
(10) The conveying system should provide normal lighting or portable lighting. In case of working in explosive gases, dust or hazardous mixtures, safety lighting should be selected.
(11) If the conveyor stops due to an accident, it should be checked in advance before restarting to check the cause of the shutdown and eliminate the fault in a timely manner.
(12) Before the conveyor has been stopped for more than one month , all mechanical and electrical equipment must be tested and inspected by the mechanical and electrical technical supervisor before re-using it. Using the conveyor only after checking without any problems.
(13) When the conveyor is running, it is not suitable to rest between aisles, near high-speed running parts or driving devices.
(14) It is strictly forbidden to store flammable and explosive materials near the conveyor or the relevant operation room.
(15) After the conveyor is installed, it is strictly forbidden to use lighter and welding machine frames. When there is a special need, necessary precautions should be taken.
(16) In the running conveyor, if the conveyer is carrying a fire, it should be stopped before extinguishing the fire. If the idler is on fire, the fire should be extinguished first, and then the machine should be stopped.